How can I get involved?
At Chapel Hill Friends Meeting, there are a multitude of options for those who wish to engage in our community beyond simply attending Meeting for Worship. Here are some possibilities:
- September through May, three Sundays per month, the Adult Religious Education committee sponsors forums at 9:45 AM on topics of community interest. List of Forums.
- On the first Sunday of each month, there is a community potluck after Meeting for Worship. Come join us!
- Attendance at the monthly Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business is an excellent way to experience Quaker ministry in process. Generally held at 9:00 AM on the third Sunday of the month, the Meeting Calendar will provide information about the dates of these important Meetings.
- There are about 16 committees in our Meeting community, that carry out the work of the Meeting. Nearly all of them are open to anyone with a like-minded interest. List and description of committees.
- Often in the spring, interest groups begin that allow community members to study together, work on a project, or socialize. Topics vary widely, as does the frequency and duration of the group. To be kept up-to-date on such opportunities, subscribe to the listserv by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.